Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Not UTI so is it my kidneys?

I have been have urgent urination, diarrea, with plvice pain and right side of abdomen pain.  Then it went to not being able to urinate or have a bowel movement.  Urine test shows protein and leukoctye.  So doctor is sending me for a cat scan.  Does this sound like kidney problems?  or disease?  What does it mean to have that stuff in your urine?
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
These look like two separate entities. Proteinuria requires further evaluation. Large amounts of protein in urine may indicate a serious kidney problem. You need a CT scan and kidney function tests to check the status of kidneys.

The abdominal symptoms can be due to irritable bowel syndrome. Common symptoms include abdominal cramping or pain, bloating and gassiness, and altered bowel habits(alternate constipation and loose stools).
You should discuss both these possibilities with a physician.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.