Urology Community

Numb Penis

I am 46 and ride a bicycle. Lately my penis has been retracting on my rides and becoming cold and numb. After that started my penis has started to retract slightly during the day causing the head to be sore.

Is there any thing to be done to prevent this problem?

Thank you
It can be due to balanoposthitis which is causing such symptoms. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription. I hope that helps. Take care.