Urology Community

Orchipoexy

I have just recentenly underwent a bi-lateral orchiopexy at the age of 17 i was
just wondering has anyone else undergone this procedure at such a late stage and still had fertilty
and been able to father a child
Thanks in Advance
Keeper1995
Hi there!

This would depend on what was the surgery performed for. If there have been testicular issues since a long time, there could be fertility issues. A testicular biopsy for sperm salvage and storage may be performed in cases where considered necessary, I would suggest discussing the situation and the appropriate management plan in detail with your treating urologist.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thank You So Much I thought My question Would Never Be answered.

The Surgery Was Performed For Bi-Lateral Undescended Testes My Review Is Coming Up two Weeks I am Just Very Anxious Because Of What Is Said About My Situation On the Internet About Testosterone Troubles, Fertility Issues And Cancer Malignancy

Thanks Again I will Take Your Advice On Board And Hopefully I will be Able To put My Worries To Bed.