Urology Community

PAIN below bellybutton

I have been having this pain about two inches below my bellybutton. Someone told me it could be my bladder or maybe my prostate. Does anyone have any idea what it might be. Please let me know.
Thanks for writing to the forum!

Yes, you are right! The pain can be due to urinary bladder infection, stone or due to UTI too. Prostate infection too can cause pain below the belly button. However this pain can also be due to colitis or para-umbilical hernia or even due to appendicitis.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
hello '' Dr.Kokil Mathur am olurin oluwatobi damien , am 27 years old am having this symptom as well it started yesterday even please what kind of treatment do you thimk i should undergo or whatg procedured should i take or whats the firsts aid?
I did see a Urologist a few years ago and he told me I had a enlarged prostate,but I never had any problems except for my urine having a strong smell to it and I was told it was stail urine in my bladder. I believe he said, I wasn't voiding all my urine. I am 53 and have had a PSA test since I was 50 and they all came back normal. I have noticed that when I ejaculate it doesn't come out with force anuymore,it more like a drip. Could this be caused by my prostate ? I have a female doctor and its kind of hard to talk to her about these things. Maybe you would be able to answer that question.

Thanks for keeping me posted!

Yes, it is your prostate that appears to be causing these problems. The enlarged prostate must be pressing on your bladder neck causing this stale or residual urine in bladder. Decreased force of ejaculation could be due to lowering of androgen level with age. Decreased urinary force is a sign of prostate enlargement. If you are on an alpha blocker as a treatment for prostate enlargement, then this drug too could reduce the force of ejaculate.
My doctor gave me Flomax,but I had bad side effects from it and he stopped it. He never did answer me when I asked him if there was another medication I could take without the bad side-effects. Do you know of another med I could take that wouldn't cause the bad side effects ? And would my prostate cause the pain in my back and lower intestines ? Its like a burning pain.
Thanks for keeping me posted!
Yes, prostate can cause pain and burning in the area of lower intestines and back if it is infected, commonly called as prostatitis. An alternate medicine cannot be prescribed through this forum without examining you.
Please consult your urologist, maybe take a second opinion. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Does Saw Palmento help with an enlarged prostate ? A friend of mine said it might help me urinate alittle easier. Jusy like to know your opinion.
Thanks for keeping me posted!
Well, a lot of literature does support its beneficial effect in BHP. The response will vary from person to person. It is known to increase cholesterol and decrease libido in some. You can read through this link or you may have already: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_palmetto_extract

I would recommend you take it under medical supervision. Hope this helps.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Hi my husband is 39 urs old and when he gets upset or in the mornings once in a while he gets these really sharp pains under his belly button like right around his bikkini line. And he threw up blood twice. What do u think it could be. On his father's side prostate cancer runs in his family. Thank please let me know .
I am 49 and have recently experiencing this pain just below my navel towards the right side  other than  my urine comes out with the regular force but only this pain that is there all the time