Urology Community

Pain In Left Testicle

I am 15 years old.  Tonight as I was lying in bed, I felt a dull ache in my left testicle.  I reached down to see if I could feel a bump.  I didn't find a bump.  But I did find that on the right side of my left testicle, near the bottom, it was very sensitive and hurt whenever I lightly squeezed it as though it were bruised.  There is no swelling or visible bruising at the moment and I have not been hit in that area in the past 48 hours that I'm aware of.  All the pain started tonight as I was lying down.  No bumps, just feels like it's bruised.  I'm really worried.  What should I do?
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion( most common in young men), excessive bicycle riding, hernia,varicocele or kidney or ureteric stones.

Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.My advise would be to consult a urologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.