Urology Community

Pain after Inguinal Hernia Operation

Hello, I hope you can help me.In March 2007 I had an Inguinal Hernia repair operation on both sides after I had experienced bad groin pain for about six weeks. About three weeks after the surgery, I developed testicular pain in both left and right testicle with the left one swelling up dramatically. After going for a scan it was observed that I had a hydrocele on my left side. Six weeks after My original operation, I was hospitalised after I developed severe pain on the right side of my groin. The pain quickly spread to my scrotum and testes. Fearing that I had testicular torsion the urology team performed a procedure where they attached the testicles to my scrotum. They also repaired the hydrocele. They found no evidence of torsion. This was the first of my flare ups. These flare ups have continued to the present day (September 8th 2007) on an intermittent basis but almost always starting on right groin and radiating downwards. For several months it was believed I had epididymitis but despite numerous antibiotics being given, there was no change in my condition. I have had a CT scan which came up clear. Recently I have been prescribed Lyrica 75 gram. This is apparently the strongest painkiller that can be given and it has had no effect. No other painkiller has worked during a flare up. My pain management doctor has said I may need an operation if the situation persists. Have you ever come across a similar situation? I am a 26 year old male otherwise in quite good health. My problem has interfered greatly with the quality of life I have now. Thanks for your help
I had inguinal hernia surgery 11 weeks ago...At first there was much pain and some numbness,,,After 6 weeks no pain and some numbness.

Now after 11 weeks I still have some numbness - But have started getting burning pain/sensation on standing and worse after walking for a while.

No testicle pain or scrotum pain - just the groin numbness and now developing the burning in my groin..I thought after 6 weeks, I was home and dry.
test
In 1996 I had a right inguinal hernia mesh style repair.  Some numbness remains in the area but not too noticeable.  I believe I permanently lost some strength of erection after the surgery.
In March of 2011 I had a left inguinal hernia mesh style repair.  Recovery went well.  Three months later I did a lot of lifting and toting while moving.  A throbbing pain developed, which has subsided to a barely noticeable level.  Still, it is noticeable, and I don't think it should be.
After reading some of the posts I count myself fortunate.  If I ever have surgery again, I will spend more time researching the best surgeon.  Too many complications can develop from what should be a simple operation.
I had abdominal mesh placed on 4/4/11and 3rd. day in hospital a lump popped out and I had to walk on my tip toes on that side. Felt like razor blades cutting my insides. Numerous CT scans showed fluid under mesh. By the way the original doc has never done ANY tests on me.Saw a new surgeon last month and he said he could not help me and that I have to go to a big hospital.Lump is bigger and mesh is hard as a rock. Have nausea, pain,twitching over mesh, back pain, diarriah and bowels and bladder are aggrovated.  I have lost over 20 pounds and am now 76 pounds.Been to ER numerous times and  they had to give Demiral shots and Fentinyle for the pain.Get your report from the surgery that states what kind of mesh yours is, who made it , the catalog # and the lot #. I also peed pure blood for three days after my surgery.Docs have ignored me and say it will go away. I am going to file a complaint with the FDA about this mesh.One doc now thinks I am allergic to something in the mesh. He thinks too that I may have an infection that is not showing up. Feel really rotten. Tired of all this and am getting short tempered.Every one file with the FDA because if they get enough complaints they have to investigate. I hope and pray for myself and all of you that SOMEBODY helps us. It is wrong for these docs to treat us this way.
I had my inguinal hernia surgery back in april. I was required to get the surgery to enlist in the service. They used mesh on me , but I still feel discomfort (not necessarily pain) if I sleep wrong, sit down wrong, or even sing. I love singing but should I stop doing it if it puts pressure and aggrevates it? I figured 7 months after surgery I would be ok to do things like that, but could it just mean I am a slow healer? Please answer
got the results of my MRI, I was hoping that something would have shown up, so that I could go back under the knife to have it fixed, just not my luck, MRI seems to have showed up nothing, what is going on inside my body, life is just not good anymore.  I suppose I have 1 last test to ask for, an MRI with the dye, which I thought would have been smart to do seen as though it seems to be nerve damage, I wish you all well in your endeavors to be fixed/repaired, but the faith is fading quickly on this side of the fence, I just want my life back.  If I was an animal they would have put me down, so why do we need to live with this pain.  Also starting to get more worried about my right foot, as I used an infrared thermometer and there was a raised 2.3deg difference between my feet, the right being hotter.
I had the surgery (laprascopic) on 4th Nov.  The surgeon gave me 6 weeks leave which I thought was excessive (at the time). I am now at 3 weeks and while the incision has healed beautifully (inside first 2 weeks) and while also I do not have the same major problems as some have written in this forum, I do have 'pain to the touch' on my side side below the incision and my right testicle is painfull to touch but not too bad. Hoping this will progressively lessen over time - not much change over the last week.  Post op visit is on Monday 28th Nov so will see what the surgeon says.
I'm spending my time at home in boxers as any pressure on either my testicle or lower right side cause some pain (testicle-bruising type pain) (lower side stinging type pain).
Will update after I see my surgeon.
I hope this helps someone, but I had a huge inguinal hernia that dropped into my left testicle.  I had laparascopic surgery with mesh applied at the cleveland clinic in 2003 (I was 22).  I'm happy to report that I am NOT having any issues with pain or my testicles.  I have noticed that my urine stream is not as strong as it was, but this could be attributed to age (prostate) or from the original hernia before the surgery.

I suggest doing your research and finding a good doctor.  Although most surgeons believe this is a simple procedure, the complications are serious and common.  Take your time and don't settle for a "value" hernia surgery.
this is my 3rd set of nerve blocking medications, I have seen a very slight improvement, but not holding my breath just yet, as I walk around the city last Thursday, and the pain was back.  I seem to be able to do small amounts without getting into to much discomfort, so I am hoping that these pills will help me
I had an open mesh repair for a left inguinal hernia. Surgery went quite straight-forward but I also have tesiticular pain. I`m currently on day 14, and am documenting my whole recovery here: www.myhernia.co.uk
I have now been to see a pain specialist, he has been very upfront with me, he is reducing my nupentin medication and will be putting me on lyrica, hope this does something, looks promising.
I had inguinal hernia surgery about three months ago one week after I  started having pain in my right testicle . About two months ago I started having  hot flashes and low sex drive so I what to my Dr he tested me I have low t I still have some pain but not as bad as I did I don't know what t do my Dr said that I may have andropause after reading on this site I think it may by form the surgery can someone help me
i found this on the internet mybe this will help us
TES TIC U LA R AT RO PH Y AF T ER INGU INA L HE RNIA RE PA IR

by Brian Camazine, M.D. INTRODUCTION

Ischemic orchitis progressing to testicular atrophy is one of the most devastating complications of hernia repair, It is also the most common cause of litigation after herniorrhaphy. The incidence of testicular atrophy is up to 0.5% after primary repair and up to 5% after recurrent hernia repair.

The primary etiology of testicular atrophy is surgical trauma to the testicular veins of the spermatic cord. This is especially likely to occur during dissection of a complete indirect sac from the cord. Delicate veins of the pampiniform plexus are injured and thrombose causing venous insufficiency of the testicle.

CASE PRESENTATION

A 58 year old male with chronic pain in his right groin was referred to a general surgeon for hernia repair. The patient had a history of bilateral inguinal hernia repairs at age 19. Despite having no symptoms on the left, the surgeon suggested bilateral repair since ²The left side will eventually pop out². The patient was not informed of the possible complications of bilateral repair or that the risk of complications were significantly higher since the patient previously had bilateral repairs. Specifically, there was no discussion of the risks of testicular atrophy or that consideration was given to staging the repairs.

At surgery, the surgeon encountered a significant amount of scar tissue. Both indirect and direct hernias were found on the right but no hernia was found on the left. Following the surgery, the patient developed bilateral wound complications requiring drainage and antibiotics. He saw the surgeon multiple times over the next year with complaints of testicular swelling and pain followed by retraction of both testicles.

Eventually, the patient saw a urologist and endocrinologist. He was found to have depression, decreased libido, hot flashes, loss of hair, gynecomastia and bilateral testicular retraction and atrophy. Laboratory tests showed a very low testosterone level. The patient was diagnosed with secondary testicular failure resulting from bilateral inguinal hernia repair.

Despite treatments with androgens, the patient has persistent loss of libido, depression, feminization, and groin pain. These events have significantly changed his life for the worse.

The patient initiated a lawsuit against the surgeon who ultimately was found liable for injuries to the testicles and negligent for failing to give adequate informed consent. The case was settled for $1,250,000.

DISCUSSION

The incidence of testicular atrophy can be dramatically reduced by ³ limiting dissection trauma to the cord. This is accomplished simply by never, if possible, dissecting the distal portion of an indirect sac from the spermatic cord and never, if possible, dissecting the cord beyond the pubic tubercle for any reason. When necessary, dissection of the spermatic cord can be bypassed altogether by accessing the groin by an abdominal preperitoneal approach. The preperitoneal hernioplasty is indicated in patients with recurrent hernias to avoid retraumatizing a previously dissected and perhaps damaged spermatic cord.²(1)

Given the increased incidence of testicular atrophy after recurrent hernia repair, leaders in the field of hernia repair have suggested that ³...it probably is ill advised to perform simultaneous bilateral indirect inguinal hernia hernioplasty if an indirect sac has been excised, for fear of causing bilateral testicular atrophy. Also, patients, especially in their reproductive years, who develop ischemic orchitis on one side should have surgical repair of a contralateral inguinal hernia postponed for at least a year until the final outcome of the ischemic orchitis is known.²(1) By corollary, it is obvious that a patient who has had previous bilateral inguinal hernia repairs should have staged operations for recurrences to avoid the potential for bilateral testicular atrophy. In this situation, serious thought should also be given to using a preperitoneal approach.

Although there are no strict guidelines, many medicolegal experts and surgeons believe that complications with an incidence greater than 1% should routinely be discussed with patients. Thus, few surgeons feel it necessary to discuss testicular atrophy with a patient who has a primary hernia.

However, it is essential to discuss these complications with all patients who have recurrent hernias since the incidence is up to 5%. ³Furthermore, it is also advisable to inform all patients with previous groin or scrotal surgery why the preperitoneal approach by an abdominal incision is preferred to an anterior groin incision for repair of recurrent hernias.²(1)

CONCLUSION

The medicolegal implications of testicular atrophy are obvious. Testicular atrophy should be a rare occurrence but is nonetheless more common in recurrent hernia repairs. This complication can be avoided by limiting dissection trauma to the cord. It is essential to discuss the potential for testicular atrophy with all patients who have recurrent hernias.

REFERENCES

1. Testicular atrophy and chronic residual neuralgia as risks of inguinal hernioplasty. Wantz, GE, Surg Clin North Am 1993 Jun;73(3):571-81. About Brian Camazine, MD
I had the samr 2 operations for hernia on left and right side and its been 26 years ago the pain never goes away and your testicals are going to drop dramacticallly as you get older and the VA does nothing and dont give no disability
the only pain i am having is in my testicals and some anxity and loss of libido, depression, i think most is from the low t   has any one else had  this symtoms please let me know
IF YOUR SEEING A LAWYER,GOOD LUCK,IT WASNT OUT OF MALICE ON THE SURGEONS PART SO YOULL LOSE,I KNOW I DID,WASTE OF MONEY.THE THING WESTERN DOCS ARE DOING IS USING OUT DATED MESH AND METAL STAPLES.I JUST HAD MY LEFT MESH AND 13 METAL STAPLES TAKEN OUT,I CAN POOP,**** AND WALK W NO PAIN.HAD IT DONE IN HONG KONG BY A VERY GD SURGEON.I STILL CANT BELIEVE AFTER 9 YEARS OF EXCRUTIATING PAIN,COUNTLESS ******** FROM WESTERN DOCS HE FIXED ME IN 4 HOURS.UNEDUCATED WESTERN DOCS ARE CAUSING US ALOT OF MISERY.PAUL
I REALLY FEEL FOR ALL YOU GUYS THAT HAVE HAD A HERNIA REPAIR.I HAD BOTH SIDES DONE,MY LEFT SIDE WAS DONE IN 2003 LAPROSCOP,MY RIGHT ONE WAS DONE 8 MONTHS LATER ,OPEN NO LAP ALSO IN 2003.MY NIGHTMARE STARTED 3 MONTHS ON THE LEFT SIDE WITH SOME PAIN BUT MORE SO WITH CONSTIPATION.I SAW THE DOC WHO DIDNT SEEMED TOO CONCERNED ABOUT IT,TOLD ME IT WASNT MY HERNIA AND WE WILL GIVE YOU SOME PILLS TO GET YOU POOPING AGAIN.THIS IS THE GUY THAT DID MY LEFT SIDE,OLD AND READY TO RETIRE.I GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT HE REALLY DIDNT GIVE A **** AND THERES NO WAY FROM WHAT HE DID COULD HAVE CAUSED ANY PROBLEMS.
SO I STARTED TO TAKE LAXITIVES,I THINK I TOOK EVERY TYPE ON THE MARKET WITH NO AVAIL.MEANWHILE MY LEFT IS STARTING TO HURT MORE AS WELL AS MY STOMACHE DUE TO THE PRESSURE OF POOP BUILDING UP ALL THE TIME.SO ITS OFF TO SEE ANOTHER SURGEON.
        FINALLY AFTER WAITING 8 FREAKING MONTHS I GOT IN TO SEE THIS GUY,I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT WAS GOING ON AND THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO THE MESH BEING TOO TIGHT,HE DISMISSED THIS IDEA RIGHT AWAY AND TOLD ME THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE NERVE DAMAGE AND HE WILL SEND ME TO A NERVE SPECIALIST,OKAY ILL GIVE IT A SHOT.SO AT MY EXPENCE I HAD TO TAKE A FERRY RIDE,BOOK A HOTEL AND SEE THIS GUY,OH,BUY THE WAY IVE ALREADY BEEN OUT OF WORK SINCE THE FIRST OPERATION.FINALLY SEE THIS GUY ,EXPLAIN WHATS GOING ON SO HE DECIDES TO MAKE A SMALL HOLE ABOVE THE CANAL AND FREEZE THE NERVE UNTILL ITS DEAD.NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS DIDNT WORK,SO BACK HOME AGAIN TO SEE THE SURGEON AGAIN.THIS TIME HE SUGGESTS I START GOING FOR TESTS,CT'S,BARIUMS ETC...AS I FIGURED NONE OF THESE TESTS SHOWED SQAUT.
  SO NOW BACK TO THE SURGEON,HE TELLS ME HE CANT UNDERSTAND WHATS WRONG,AS IF IM MAKING THIS STUFF UP,SO ONCE AGAIN BACK ON THE FERRY TO TRY ANOTHER PROCEDURE,INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FREEZE THE NERVE LETS SHOVE A PROBE IN THERE AND ELECTRIFY THE ******* THING,WHAT A JOKE THAT WAS,OF COURSE IT DIDNT WORK SO BACK HOME AGAIN WITH A PRESCRIPTION HE GAVE ME FOR NERVES.
  OKAY NOW ITS PILL TIME TO SEE IF I CAN GET ANY RELIEF,AFTER TAKING THESE PILLS FOR 2 DAYS MY ARMS WERE GOING NUMB,MY GUMS STARTED BLEEDING ETC...FORGET THE PILLS AND GO BACK TO THE SURGEON.SO NOW IM IN 2005 BEGGING THE SURGEON TO GO IN AND HAVE A LOOK BECAUSE BY THIS TIME THE PAIN IS ON A TEN OUT OF TEN EVERYDAY ALONG WITH THE CONSTANT CONSTIPATION,NOT EATING AND LOSING 30 POUNDS ALREADY,THE GUY SHOOK HIS HEAD NO BUT RELUCTENTLY AGREED.HE WHENT IN ON THE LEFT SIDE SIDE AND HE REMOVED A COUPLE OF STAPLES AND A TINY BIT OF MESH.ONCE AGAIN TO NO RELIEF,ONLY ANSWER IS TO START ME ON PERKASETS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
  AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF OF EVERYDAY PAIN GOING DOWN MY LEG,KILLING MY LEFT NUT I WHENT AND SAW THE SAME SURGEON AGAIN,THIS TIME HE AGREED TO TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THE LEFT SIDE AGAIN AND AT THE SAME TIME REPAIR THE RIGHT HERNIA,OPEN THIS THIS TIME NOT LAP.THIS TIME WHEN HE WHENT IN HE DECIDED TO DO A BOWEL RECESSION ON ME,WHY,I HAVE NO IDEA.SO ABOUT A WEEK LATER STILL WITH THE AGONISING LEFT PAIN I STOPPED POOPING ALLTOGETHER.SO I CALLED HIM THIS TIME AND THEY SAID THERE IS NOTHING MORE THEY CAN DO AND HUNG UP THE PHONE.
  AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO POOP FOR 5 DAYS I FINALLY TRIED TO GO ONE DAY AND I TELL YOU IF I HAD A GUN I WOULD HAVE SHOT MYSELF,TURNS OUT WHEN HE DID THE BOWEL JOB HE INADVERTINALLY MADE A BLIND BOWEL LOOP WHICH CAUSED PAIN SO BAD I HAD TO LITERALLY SCREAM INTO A TOWEL SO I WOULDNT SCARE THE **** OUT OF MY NIEGHBOURS.FAMILY DOCTOR SAID IT WAS NERVES AGAIN,SO I WHENT TO CHINA AND SPENT 2 WEEKS IN HOSPITAL GETTING ACUPUNCTURE,THAT DIDNT WORK EITHER,NOW RELLY GOING INTO DEBT AND ALOT OF PAIN IT WAS BACK TO CANADA TO SEE A DIFFERENT SURGEON,THANK GOD THIS GUY FELT SORRY FOR ME AND SLICED ME WIDE OPEN TO FIX THE BOWEL LOOP.STILL NO RELIEF ON THE HERNIA LEFT SIDE,THE RIGHT HERNIA WAS DOING FANTASTIC DUE TO IT BEING DONE OPEN BUT I WAS STILL UP TO 6 PERKS A DAY AND 5 LORAZAPAM A DAY TO COUNTER THE SHAKING FROM ALL THE PERKS.
  A YEAR LATER I SAW THE SAME SURGEON AGAIN ABOUT THE CONSTANT PAIN ON THE LEFT,HE AGREED TO GO IN AND TAKE A LOOK,HE TOOK 3 MORE STAPLES OUT AND SOME MORE MESH,GUESS WHAT...NO RELIEF.I ASKED HIM IF HE COULD DO A RE DO ON THE LEFT SIDE BUT HE TOLD ME IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS,NERVE DAMADGE,COULD BLEED TO DEATH IF THE VASCULAR WAS CUT ETC...I SAW A FEW MORE SURGEONS JUST TO GET THIER OPINION AND I GOT THE SAME STORY FROM ALL OF THEM,MAINLY NO ONE WANTED TO TOUCH ME.BUY THIS TIME ALL I CAN DO IS TAKE MY PERKS WHICH DIDNT WORK ANY MORE AND TRY AND FIGURE OUT THE LEAST PAINLESS WAY TO KILL MYSELF,JUMP IN FRONT OF A TRAIN,HANG MYSELF OR A GARDEN HOSE FROM THE CAR EXHAUST.
  MY WIFE HAS HAD ENOUGH,MY FRIENDS SLOWLY DISSAPEARED DUE TO ME BEING A ***** 24 7.
  THEN A PHONE CALL FROM MY WIFES FATHER WHO LIVES IN HONG KONG,YES MY WIFE IS CHINESE,THEY ARE THE BEST,ANYHOOT HE SAID THAT HE MAY HAVE FOUND ME A SURGEON THAT COULD HELP ME,ANYTHINGS BETTER THAN KILLING MYSELF SO OFF TO HONG KONG I GO.LUCKILY THE SURGEON IS BILINGUAL,60 YEARS OLD AND A VERY POSITIVE MAN.I EXPLAINED TO HIM ALL THE HELL IVE BEEN THROUGH AS YOU TOO HAVE BEEN READING AND I ASKED HIM IF HE CAN CUT ME OPEN AND TAKE THIS DAM MESH OUT AS WELL AS THE STAPLES.HIS REPLY WAS SURE I CAN MAKE A DIAGONAL CUT OPEN AND GET IT OUT FOR YOU.ABSOLUTE CONTRARY TO THE ******** EXCUSES I GOT FROM ALL THE SURGEONS IN CANADA.WITHIN A WEEK I WAS ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL,HE TOOK 4 HOURS TO GET THE DAM MESH OUT ALONG WITH 10 STAPLES,2 STAPLES WERE RIGHT BESIDE MY BLADDER THAT NEVER SHOWED UP ON ANY OF THE CT'S I IHAD,THIS EXPLAINED WHY AT 4 IN THE MORNING THE PAIN WOULD WAKE ME UP UNTILL I TOOK A **** THEN I COULD GET BACK TO SLEEP.
   ITS ONLY BEEN 5 DAYS SINCE HE TOOK ALL THAT CRAP OUT AND I CAN **** AND **** AND WALK AGAIN WITH NO PAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NINE LONG YEARS,I HAVENT HAD ANY PERKS OR LORAZAPAM EITHER,MY APPETITE IS BACK AND NOW WHEN I CRY THEY ARE HAPPY TEARS FOR A CHANGE.
   NOW FOR THE EXPLANATION AS TO WHY SO MANY HERNIA OPERATIONS ARE ******* UP,AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED.THE MAIN TERM IS MESHOMA.IN THE WESTERN SOCIETY DOCTORS KNOWLEDGE OF HERNIAS IS VERY LIMITED AND THIS LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IS BEING TAUGHT AGAIN,ITS LIKE THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.THE MATERIAL THEY USE MAKIING THE MESH IS OUT DATED BY 10 OR 15 YEARS OLD.DISTANCE AND SIZE OF THE MESH PLAYS A HUGE ROLL IN NOT COMMING DOWN WITH MESHOMA.WHAT HAPPENS IS THE MESH SLOWLY OVER TIME WILL START TO SHRINK IF IT IS NOT PUT IN PROPERLY,IN ESSENCE THE SIDES WANT TO SHAKE HANDS AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS THE MESH BUNCHES UP AND IN MY CASE PULLED ON MY BOWELS CLOSING THEM OFF,PULLING ON THE 3 MAIN VASC NERVES WE HAVE CAUSING THE LEG AND TESTICLE PAIN,AS WITH ME IT WOULD ALSO SHOOT OVER TO THE RIGHT SIDE AND CAUSE PAIN DUE TO THE NERVES BEING CONNECTED IN OUR GROIN.
  THERE IS A GERMAN TEXTILE GUY THAT ACTUALLY CAME UP WITH THE NEW DESIGN OF THE MESH WHICH IS NOW BEING USED IN GERMANY,EUROPE AND CHINA AKA HONG KONG.
  MY LEFT HERNIA PROBABLY WILL COME BACK,THE SURGEON DIDNT WANT TO TAKE THE OLD ONE OUT AND PUT THE NEW ONE IN RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE FROM ALL THE SURGERIES IVE HAD HE TOLD ME I NEED TIME TO HEAL MY INNER STOMACHE TISSUE BEFORE HE ATTEMPS TO REPAIR THE LEFT,AND FOR HIM TO REPAIR THE LEFT WOULD BE A PIECE OF CAKE WITH NO PROBLEMS.
  I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD LOVE A MAN,ESPECIALLY AN ASIAN MAN BUT FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR ME ITS LIKE BEING REBORN. WITH ALL THE PILLS,PAIN AND ******** WE GET FROM OUR WESTERN DOCTORS.DONT LET PREDUJICE GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR HEALTH,THERE ARE OTHER ALTERNATIVES OPEN TO YOU...SPEND 12000.00 AND GET YOUR HEALTH AND SANITY BACK.
  I KNOW THIS WAS LONG BUT I WANTED YOU TO KNOW HOW MUCH CRAP WE PUT UP WITH WHEN ITS NOT REALLY NECESSARY. PAUL .
SORRY,FORGOT TO MENTION THE MOST IMPORTANT PART,DO NOT USE METAL STAPLES AND THE 15 YEAR OLD OUT DATED MESSH THE WEST USES.IF YOU HAVE NERVE ENTRAPMENT A METAL STAPLE WILL NEVER LET GO AND LET YOU HEAL,WITH SELF ABSORBING STAPLES IN TIME THE PRESSURE WILL BE RELEASED AND YOUR BODY CAN HEAL NATURALLY .MOST UP TO DATE MESH HAS BEEN INVENTED BY A GERMAN TEXTILE DUDE ITS NOT LIKE A STRETCHED OUT PIECE OF STRONG COTTON WHICH CAUSES MESHOMA,WESTERN MESH SHRINKS,PULLS ON YOUR NERVES,BOWELS AND BLADDER CAUSING ALL OUR PROBLEMS. PAUL
my boyfriend had 2 inguinal hernias about 6 wks ago, one on either side of the groin, and suffered a lot of swelling especially in his testicles.. even though he checked in and saw his hernia surgeon,.he ws told it was normal and not to worry.. the pain continued, so He then went to a urologist, as one of his testicles seemed to shrink...only to find out that it had indeed atrophied, and would require surgery to have it removed.

As you can imagine this was awful news, however he's not only worried about that, his other testicle is shrinking too, and although he had an ultra sound and that one seemed to be OK...

THIS IS THE QUESTION...WHAT ARE THE RISKS OR REMOVAL OF THE TESTICLE AT THIS TIME,...WILL THIS AGGRAVATE AND CAUSE FARTHER HARM & TRAUMA TO THE REMAINING TESTICLE???
It probably won't  I just saw the second doctor for my pre op. Today.  I decided against it for several reasons.  a lifetime possible pain was one of them.  Infection and fluid build up and possible damage of nerves.  I decided it was not worth it sib=ne mine is small and not life threatening.  I was well informed and i was able to decide against it.  I am not in pain now.