Urology Community

Pain in Scrotum

My husband has had severe pain in scrotum, under scrotum, and behind scrotum.  We went to the doctor who did a ultrasound, and an mri.  Urine tests came back normal.  The doctor is treating for a UTI with antibiotics.  The doctor also performed a prostate exam, the doctor said the prostate was normal, but my husband said his prostate was very tender and it hurt when the doctor did the exam.  The doctor did say there was no swelling of the prostate.  What else could be causing his pain?  It is unbearable for him.  He cannot sit, or lay down.  The only way he can relatively be comfortable considering his pain is standing.  What could cause this condition.  The pain originally started in his penis shaft on the left side, but has since moved down, now there is no pain in the penis shaft, but we have noticed a purple discoloration at the top of the penis head. .  
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion( most common in young men), excessive bicycle riding, hernia,varicocele or kidney or ureteric stones.

As there is a purple discoloration of the penis, so the chances of epidiymitis or orchitis or vascular insufficiency  are there.
Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen, vascular color Doppler and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter. My advice would be to consult a urologist.

I hope it helps.Take care and regards.