Urology Community

Pain in left side of lower back after kidney stones on right side

why am I having pain in the left side of my back three weeks after right ureteroscopy laser lithotrispy and 4 day stent placement? Doctors say there is nothing in my urine suggesting kidney stones and refuse to investigate further
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations trauma, erosions, growths/ masses, neuro-muscular issues etc. With clear usine tests, infections are almost ruled out while inflammation is a high possibility following a surgery, which is likely to settle with time; while other causes would also need to be considered. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!