Urology Community

Pain in left testicle

For the past week I have had a pain in my left testicle when I ejaculate. The past three days the pain is not as bad as it was six days ago. I have no pain in my left testicle before or after I ejaculate and I have no pain when I touch it. I only feel a little pain when Im ready to ejaculate. I noticed this problem the day after I squeezed my penis to prevent myself from ejaculating. Do you think I strained something and it will go away if I rest it, or take an ibprofin?
I want to avoid going to the doctor because it kind of embarrassing.
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion -- most common in young men between 10 and 20 years old, excessive bicycle riding, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones.

Are you having painful, red or swollen scrotum along with testicular pain. It can be epididymitis or orchitis. In cases of hernia, a prominent bulge along with testicular pain is there and in cases of kidney or ureteric stones, pain during micturition may also be there.

You can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

Some causes of testicle pain, including testicular torsion, can lead to infertility if not treated promptly. Infections also should be examined and treated right away. If the infection is caused by bacteria, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic. So please visit your doctor if the symptoms persist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have this problem of recent, i had inguinal hernia surgery a year ago. does this mean my body is rejecting the hernia mesh now? What can i do, besides the hospital, i have no insurance.