Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Pain in lower right abdomen

Over the past two weeks I have had a pain in the lower right abdomen which comes and goes. Since monday the pain is more frequent. I was booked into hospital and CT scans were conducted and any signs of kidney stones were ruled out as I have suffered on two occasions with kidney stones over 2 years ago. Also blood work was done and results came back fine. My appetite is normal and sometimes I have the slight runs.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

The various possibilities which present with such pain in the lower right abdomen are appendicitis, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, bowel obstruction, ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory disease( in females),irritable bowel syndrome , kidney obstruction or pyelonephritis, psoas abscess  and volvolus (twisting of the sigmoid part of the large bowel on itself).

Investigations like ultrasound abdomen, CT abdomen and colonoscopy are required to confirm a diagnosis. My advice is to consult a gastroenterologist and discuss these possibilities with him.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.