Urology Community

Pain in penis after ejaculation.

I am 20 years old and am still a virgin.
This started happening many years ago, but now it happens more often (about every second ejaculation on average).
After I ejaculate, I get a burning/stinging pain inside my penis near the tip.  This makes me need to go to the toilet for a pee(even if I cant), which helps a little.  I usually sit on the toilet for about half an hour to get rid of the pain. I'm then left with a mild discomort for another half-hour or so.
I've looked on the web and found others with this problem; they have been tested for std's, Uriny tract infections, and nothing comes up as the culprit.

Sometimes I don't have this problem for months, and other times it can happen just about every time I ejacutlate.

Help?
I have had the same issue.  I have searched online for an answer to no avail.  I am over 30, and still have the exact same issues as the previous post.  After ejaculation, I sometimes have a burning sensation in the tip of my penis.  I usually urinate which helps.  However, the sensation resurfaces.  It is very uncomfortable.  It is not so painful as to make me want to bend over in pain, but it is uncomfortable enough that I do not want to be around people;  I just want to be on the toilet to try and urinate it out.  This lasts for about a half hour, with remaining discomfort for another half hour to a full hour after the initial phase.  

I had the issue when I was still a virgin, and it continues to this day.  It does not matter if I ejaculate as a result of sex with any of the partners (all women) I have had or from masturbation.  I can go multiple times without burning, and then have it several times in a row, or it can alternate (burn, no-burn, burn, etc).  There seems to be no pattern or specific cause (diet, amount of water consumed, alcohol consued, etc), other than it occurring after ejaculation.

As the 20-year old in the previous post said... "Help?"
i am about 19 now.... i think i have found a pattern of this pain.... if u pee just after masturbation this pain may occur. and if this burning thing starts somehow.... u should ejaculate again....so that the pain would be reduced.
I am in the exact same situation. I've nicknamed it "cumburn" because it seems like if I don't pee before ejaculation (via sex with my girlfriend or masturbation) I get the exact same burning sensation that says I have to pee when I do not. It normally takes atleast a half an hour of sitting on the toilet before it goes away.  I am 23 yrs old, no urinary tract infection, no STDs.  Any ideas would be great.
I signed up for this forum to comment on this thread.  I finally got fed up of having this exact problem and doing nothing about it.   So a very embarassing google search yeilded some kinda helpful information.  I cannot vouch for the site quoted and it doesn't really help much except for the peace of mind that this is nothing, but here's what I found.

"Relax, because you are experiencing a very common and normal reaction. During sex the prostate is stimulated along with the pipe – the urethra - which goes from the bladder to the tip of the penis. This pipe carries both sperm and urine, although not supposedly at the same time. The stimulation of ejaculation along with the physical trauma sensitises this pipe and the prostate causing a mild inflammation. As a result you feel as though you need to pass water. When you try so hard it makes the whole thing worse by further sensitising the urethra setting up a vicious circle.

Next time do not go to the toilet and wait instead. Go only once and no matter how much it stings just hold on for a while. The pain will go away and settle. If you experience this without having sex, and especially if there is any discharge of green or yellow pus, you may have a sexually transmitted infection and should attend your GUM clinic. They will see you with no name and no-one else including your GP will be any the wiser."

via: http://www.malehealth.co.uk/userpage1.cfm?item_id=193
I have a similiar problem.  On several occasions over the past 9 months I have been getting what I thought were UTIs, but they occured immediately after having sex with my girlfriend.  The symptoms were burning at the tip of the penis, and increased urgency and frequency to urinate, but with very little volume of urine everytime.  After urinating I would then feel ok for about 10 minutes, and the cycle would repeat until I urinated again. My doctor tested me for UTI and did a penis swab and sent to the lab for a chlamydia test twice, but both came back negative each time.  I have no discharge and everything looks normal.  My girlfriend has also been tested for STDs and was also negative.  I cant help but think that she is passing something to me, but she has no symptoms.  Any thoughts?
thanks for the info,it seems that i have alittle of almost all these symptoms just not as much as bad as you guys, and am going to see a doctor with these questions,and to prevent and get rid of them compleatly.Thanks again and good luck.
P.S.if i find anything helpful ill post it.
I have the same problem, im 26 now and this happens to me once in a while after masterbation and rarely after sex with my girlfriend.Has been happening since I was 14-15.Same thing as the rest of you, I have to stand at the toilet or sitdown for 20-30 mins just trying to trickle it out. I have to pee before ejaculation or this will happen and if I have to pee afterwards I will hold it in all night if I have to just to prevent this.And I have found that I have to have my legs kinda spread as well afterwards I cant close them together like to lay on my side, the area has to breath so to speak. Im glad Im not the only one who has this for a while I thought I was. I hope it is nothing wrong with my prostate and I have no stds infections etc.