MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Avatar universal

Pain in scrotum

I’m a 35 year old male. 22 years ago I had surgery to remove my left testicle. I am currently experiencing pain in my scrotum on the left side. There is a small bulge that is tender to touch. It becomes more noticeable and more tender when erect. Pain radiates up into my groin area. Was very painful at the beginning of the week and has gotten better, but still some pain there. Any idea what this could be?
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
It might be an inguinal hernia, with referred pain into your groin and scrotum. Seems unlikely to be an infection if your testicle has been removed? A lump could be a cyst? Perhaps an ultrasound could verify what the lump is?
Helpful - 0
There is no bulge in groin area to support hernia.  Would a inguinal hernia cause a bulge in scrotum ?
Yes, I think a hernia can go into the scrotum. Hernia pain can also come and go.


You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.