Pain in testicles, veins more prominent, constant urination

Hello, I am a 22 year old male, and I have been having some odd symptoms recently. I've had pain in my left testicle for roughly two weeks, with pain beginning in my right testicle for the past two days. Last night I began to feel like I constantly had to urinate, and at school today I was constantly leaving class to urinate. Just now I checked and my left testicle is hanging lower than usual and is very swollen. I have a couple of darkish purple patches on my scrotum, mostly on the left side, and the veins on my scrotum are much more pronounced than usual.

I had an ultrasound done yesterday and results show there are no abnormalities in my testicles. Before the constant urination I thought it might be a hernia, but the nurse at my school checked and didn't find anything to suggest that was true. I don't have any unusual discharge from my penis, and the nurse thinks it is unlikely that I have an STD, having been with one partner for 3 years. I did get a urinalysis to check for gonorrhea and chlamydia just to be safe, but the results won't come in for another week and a half. Could this just be a normal urinary tract infection with testicular side effects? If so, what is the best way to treat it? If it is an STD, could it remain dormant for 3 years and then suddenly manifest?

Thanks so much. I'm in great pain and discomfort, any help would be great.