Urology Community

Pancreatitis or Kidney problem?

My dtr was dx with ulcerative colitis with reoccurring pancreatitis that was brought on by the medications for the colitis.  She was recently dx with gastritis as well.  Symptoms have been moderately controlled with Remicade IV every 6 weeks.  However, persistent left flank pain with mid back pain have been chronic.  All doctors suggest this is related to her fibromyalgia/Raynauds background.  However, she has never had these symptoms with her fibromyalgia until she started experiencing pancreatitis s/sx.  Unrelieved with Vicodin/Fentanyl patch, periods of improvement then exacerbation.  She has protein 1+ in urine but all other labs WNL.  C/O weakness, fatigue, has very little urine output,
pins/needles sensation in extremities.  Describes pain as "fullness/pressure" and she believes it is very different from pancreatitis or colitis pain.  Could this be a kidney problem that is being overlooked?  Much, much, appreciation for any feedback.
Thanks for the post!

Yes, it could be a kidney problem. However it could also be that she does not take ample fluids. Diabetes too causes these kinds of problems. A serum creatinine and creatinine clearance test should be done to rule out kidney involvement and a blood sugar for diabetes. However it could also be recurrent pancreatitis and pain of colitis too that has become dull aching type.

Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!