Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Pancreatitis or Kidney problem?

My dtr was dx with ulcerative colitis with reoccurring pancreatitis that was brought on by the medications for the colitis.  She was recently dx with gastritis as well.  Symptoms have been moderately controlled with Remicade IV every 6 weeks.  However, persistent left flank pain with mid back pain have been chronic.  All doctors suggest this is related to her fibromyalgia/Raynauds background.  However, she has never had these symptoms with her fibromyalgia until she started experiencing pancreatitis s/sx.  Unrelieved with Vicodin/Fentanyl patch, periods of improvement then exacerbation.  She has protein 1+ in urine but all other labs WNL.  C/O weakness, fatigue, has very little urine output,
pins/needles sensation in extremities.  Describes pain as "fullness/pressure" and she believes it is very different from pancreatitis or colitis pain.  Could this be a kidney problem that is being overlooked?  Much, much, appreciation for any feedback.
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Thanks for the post!

Yes, it could be a kidney problem. However it could also be that she does not take ample fluids. Diabetes too causes these kinds of problems. A serum creatinine and creatinine clearance test should be done to rule out kidney involvement and a blood sugar for diabetes. However it could also be recurrent pancreatitis and pain of colitis too that has become dull aching type.

Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.