A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Penile tissue damage from priapism

Hello,

I am a 24 year old sickle cell male. I had priapism surgery over a year ago. I feel like damage was done to my penis during the surgery. I have not been able to have a full erection since after the surgery. I have used a few health supplements that has improved the condition but i am still yet to experience a full erection. Only a part of my penis gets hard when I'm aroused. I am very worried as I have not been able to engage in any sexual activity. I am still a virgin because of this. My urologist says it'll get better in time but it's been about 18 months now since the surgery. Please what can I do? The urologist mentioned something about prosthetics but doubts if I need one because my priapism didn't last for too long (about 24 hours). Is there any medication i can use? I live in Africa and I don't trust these doctors. I just want to have a normal erection again. It is just about 35% of what it used to be. Please any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.