Urology Community

Penis shaft redness (no itch no pain)

Hi All,

I have this problem for 3 months now. My penis upper penis shaft has this red patch. The doctor i went to thinks its balanitis (since i did get balanitis 3 months ago - and it cleared fine for exception the redness on the penis shaft). however this redness is unlike balanitis its not itchy nor painful or causing any discharge. I have been using ketaconazole 2% given by the doctor, but it doesnt seem to have any effect.

the redness is only on the penis shaft, its not on the foreskin nor in any other place. There is no bumps or anythin else. I havent had any sexual encounter since the balanitis incident. (and that was only unprotected oral - never had unprotected penetration). and also im very clean . i wash like crazy everytime i have any encounters (though stupidly i 'was' never dry my foreskin - which probably why i had balanitis)

FYI ... im uncircumsized and perfectly healthy (not obese borderline of bloodsugar - though i read some cases relation of balanitis and bloodsugar).

please help. any suggestion ?