A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Possible Kidney infection?

I'm a bit worried...
On the 1st of this year, I came down with some painful urination and penile itchiness. I went to the doctor and was prescribed Doxycycline but after three days (I had difficulty breathing so I went to ER) I switched to Ciprofloxacin. While at the hospital I also took some powdered oral medicine and a shot in the buttocks (one of these two was Amoxacilin, the shot I think). Everything seemed to have cleared up and it's been 3 months since this incident. I ended up testing negative for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea but I continued to finish the medication.

I noticed that urination is fine but sometimes when I masturbate my meatus will become a little bit red and sort of burn a little bit. It's not intolerable but definitely uncomfortable. It goes away and I usually having a hard time urinating for awhile afterwards but then it suddenly clears up. I noticed this trend only happens after masturbation.

I never had/have discharge or any other symptoms through all of this. My penis looks "normal" upon inspection aside from the burning when I peed. Sometimes I get little aches in my back and upper abdomen but they might just be muscoskeletal pain cause I have started going to the gym more often. I'm not sure if I can attribute the aches to working out or something wrong with my urinary tract. I've heard the pain for a kidney infection is pretty intense and I haven't had fevers or vomiting like most medicine books include as symptoms. I went to the doctor on February 14th and did a urine test for possible kidney stones. Everything came back "normal".

Sorry I tried to keep this as concise as possible but I figured a thorough explanation would garner some better answers. If I had something wrong with my kidneys, would a urine test find it? Could it be that I am masturbating a little too much and wearing the little man out? Can stress possible cause any of this? I've been under a ton of stress since this has all happened due to this and other variables. Thanks guys.
1 Responses
Dammit.
Another NEGATIVE, again.
I guess those tests rarely work.
I'm in the same boat, now I'm gonna take the same tests again!

As for painful urination... I guess it's not normal, man.
It could be:
- Prostatitis;
- G or C; <-- not your case
- Bladder infection?

Wait untill Miss Vanessa answer your question.
But I'm sure painful urination it's not normal.
Have a nice week, man!
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.