Urology Community

Possible Prostate problem

Hello. I'm hoping to get help. My husband a few days ago complained of some pain on the left side of his penis. 2 days later blood came out of the tip of his penis but not in his urine. And the next day he feels faint burning while peeing and a dull lower back ache. He has to wait a few days for a referral to a urologist and I am so worried. Can you please get back and let me know what it sounds like. He's 26 and I'm thinking prostate or bladder cancer! Please help!

Some of the causes of pain with blood in urine can be:

• Kidney stones: can be associated with sudden pain in the groin and flanks
• Infection/stones of the urinary tract: (associated with fever, painful urination)
• Tumors of the urinary tract (associated with abdominal pain, fever, weight loss)
• Medications

Some of the investigations which can be used for a diagnosis are urine examination, scans, cystoscopy, blood tests etc.

Take care and do write in if you need more information.

Regards