A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Post Varicocele Surgery Pain After Two months

Hello Doctor,

I had a varicocele removed in September with microsurgery varicocelectomy. After a month of pain going away, another type of pain has come up. This pain feels like blood pooling on both sides just above the base of the penis, near my lower abs on both left and right sides. (I only had a left varicocele). Right now, it specificially hurts after an early erection in the morning or masturbation/sexual activity. Has this pain come up due to sexual activity? Its been hurting for over 2 weeks now, the pain goes away if I don't masturbate much, but I cant help the pain going away since I have erections in the morning. My lower abs feels somewhat bulged out on both sides...does this have anything to do with the formation of veins after the surgery? The pain is like a constant pulsating ache on both left and right very close to the base of the penis.  

Please help
Thanks
Just wanted to know what I am dealing with here as I am completely lost and depressed over this pain. I won't get to see my doctor until next month in Asia. Thanks much.
1 Responses
Hi,
     How are you? Usual complications from varicocelectomy are recurrence, infections, injury to internal spermatic artery  and pain. I think it could be recurrence of varicocele on both the sides, but this can be confirmed only with scrotal ultrasound.
But as you mentioned, swelling in the lower abdomen on both the sides, it is difficult to say but could be a hernia. Physical examination is vital, to diagnose the situation.
I would suggest that, you get an opinion of a urologist immediately.
If it is a varicocele, treatment can be considered later on, but if it is a hernia or infection treatment would be required immediately.
All the best
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.