Urology Community
19.5k Members
Avatar universal


Hello, I have prostatitis questions. I'm not 100% sure this is what I have. Unfortunately, there is very few urologist here near where I'm located. What few urologist there is, are not helpful.

My symptoms:  

perineum discomfort, mild discomfort in right testicle only. ejaculation makes perineum and testicle pain worse. The right testicle tends to swell a little post ejaculation but goes back down in a few hours. I have tiredness/fatigue that comes and goes with this.

This has been going on for 12 months now. I have been tested for STD's and showed negative. Had been abstant from sex for a year prior to this happening. 30 days prior to this starting, I had unprotected sex with a high risk partner. (1) encounter, where we had sex twice. Vaginal only. I have been abstant from sex ever since. (12 months)

I have been put on antibiotics for this, but they do not seem to help. The only real testing the urologist have done has been a urinalysis. I really wonder if we need to do some more exact testing to figure out what kind of bacteria this is. If it is in fact prostatitis!

Any help or recommendations would be SOOO appreciated. This last year has been rough.

0 Responses
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.