Urology Community
19.5k Members
Avatar universal

REALLY need some help.

I recently went to the GP, because I had a lump on my penis, he told me it was a boil. (I also had a swollen inguinal Lymph node).

He gave me antibiotics, which have reduced the boil alot, and it is healing fine.

However: under the skin, near the boil, I can feel a mass, sort of like a tube, that leads away from the boil, and into my pubic area.

It really hurts, and causes a harsh tugging/snagging feeling sometimes.

Any ideas what on earth this could be?
2 Responses
Avatar universal
It can be due to compression of the underlying lymphatics or vessels by the lump or cyst. Apply warm compresses and take some anti inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. If this turns out to be painful then thrombophlebitis of the superficial lymphatics needs to be ruled out.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Avatar universal
Thank-you very much for your response. The mass has began to decrease in size now, and is a lot less painful.

Your response helped me feel a lot more at ease, so thankyou very much.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.