Urology Forum

Re: My kidney stone

Posted By joec on March 12, 1999 at 22:50:59:

In Reply to: My kidney stone posted by AJ on March 07, 1999 at 23:37:04:

My history: I am a 37 y/o physician with a two week hx of an approximately 5 x 2 mm opaque stone (h/o calcium phosphate/oxalate stones) lodged in the left UVJ. Initial renal colic abated and now only intermittent symptoms of post voiding LLQ ache. No evidence of infection, hematuria. Trying aggressive hydration for 2 weeks without result.
The question I have is: what are my options for treatment... specifically - is a trial of ESWL indicated or must I undergo ureterohydroscopy with basket extraction? My symptoms are mild at present and I have been only advised 'surgery' by my urologist (and I would prefer a noninvasive approach if possible!)
Please assist ASAP.
Thank you.

Suggest you drink 2 oz of virgin olive oil with 4 ounces of grapefruit juice.
The next day follow with cranberry juice one 6 oz glass, then 2 6 oz glasses of water.  Alternate cranberry juice and water every 2 hours.
repeat
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.