This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Re: Yeast Infection

Posted By HFHS M.D.-MS on June 22, 1998 at 17:02:47:

In Reply to: Yeast Infection posted by Mia on June 16, 1998 at 02:27:18:

I have an itching sensation right inside the opening if my vagina. I had my period, but I stopped using tampons after the iching started. It is very sore and uncomfortable. I was wondering if it is a yeast infection. What are the sympotoms of a yeast infection?
Dear Mia
Thanks for your questions.
Tracey is correct.  You should see a doctor if things do not clear up in a day or two. A yeast infection could be the problem but so can herpes. Over the counter products do work for yeast infections (usually associated with a vaginal discharge). Ask your pharmacist for help.
More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its urban campuses by calling  (1 800 653 6568). We can also arrange local accommodations through this number if this is your need. Please bring any physicians notes and lab test results that you  may be able to obtain. These will help us greatly.
This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.
* Keyword: vaginal yeast

Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1