Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Red penis glans/burning - no STD - 2 a day workouts

For over 1 year now I have been dealing with a red rash on my penis glans that won't go away. It first began around the same time I had unprotected sex with a female. At this time I also began to increase my workout frequency and was constantly sweating. I self medicated with doxycycline (generic) 200mg a day for a month and then I was tested negative for STDs. I have tried all sorts of anti-fungal creams and cortizoid. I have taken flucozanole 400mg a day for 2 weeks. Nothing seems to help except keeping it dry does help with the burning. Penis burns badly with touch right now. I also began tanning as I was worried it might be psoriasis. It helps mask the redness but is still noticeable. I also have noticed more brown spots on the glans almost like freckles. I am a fitness athlete and am constantly working out and sweating so I'm worried if it is yeast then I may never get better but the flucozanole dose Im on right now is pretty strong. I'll add some pictures soon. THANK YOU anyone who can help. I can't afford health insurance.
1 Responses
1711789 tn?1361311607
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections (STDs or non-STDs), inflammations, allergies, trauma/ erosion, primary skin conditions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.