Urology Forum

Repeat uti in 18 mo. old girl

I have an 18month old daughter with repeat UTI's. Her first one was when she was only three months old. She developed meningitis and was hospitalized for 5 days. She was just diagnosed yesterday with her 5th infection. She had a vcug @ 4 months old that showed nothing. I also have UT problems.(HYDRONEPHROSIS R KIDNEY) and am wondering if this could be hereditary. After her infection clears, they are going to run more tests. What types of things will they be looking for if there was no inication of VUR the first time around?
-
Dear Tracy,
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is caused by bacteria that get into the bladder.  UTI
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.