Urology Community

Retrograde Ejaculation

Hi I recently started having retrograde ejaculation. I am 61 pre diabetic and have an enlarged prostate. My psa has been 1.2. I have been taking flow max for the past 3 years and had noticed a decrease in the amount of sperm but I always ejaculated. Recently I have had several dry orgasms. I have also experimented while taking flow max I have also tried taking Viagra and other times Cialas. Would taking both Flowmax and Cialas or Viagra be causing the retrograde. I didnt like it and after the sex I did not feel satisfied. I have read that Flowmax could cause RE. Would stopping Flowmax  correct the RE or is it that once damaged it stays damaged? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

flowmax stop the RE? any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Normally during an orgasm, the bladder muscle tightens and the ejaculate flows through the urethra and out the penis.  When you have BPH, the flow from the bladder and prostate are greatly restricted and usually force the ejaculate into the bladder.  Flomax helps reduce the size of the prostate and permits freer flowing urine.  If you discontinue use of Flomax, your voiding would be more difficult and leave residuals in your bladder setting you up for some ugly uti's in the future and you would still have a retrograde ejaculation.  I had the same thing happening to me and it is just something you learn to live with.

Good luck.

Millard
I have been reading about BPH and the drugs that treat it. From what I see flowmax relaxes the muscles in and around the prostate and bladder mouth. So I am wondering if after a few years of taking this drug does the muscles loose there ability to tighten up because they haven't been used and get lazy. Is there anything you can do to get it back or is RE something you now have to live with forever.