Urology Community

Retrograde Ejeculation!

Dear Experts,

Please help me out, I noticed something very strange just before 2 hours of writing this message! I am 27 male from India, healthy man! I am having a bit of discomfort, 'Warm feeling while urinating' since last few days! Urine Report Normal Sonography normal, Prostate shape, size, kideny shape size evrthing came out normal, my urologist prescribed me Flodart (internationally known as Flomax and it contains ' tamsulosin '. My urologist also prescribed zerodol SP, oflomac, pantodoc. I mastrubated 2 hours ago and I enjoyed it but no semen came out! Only after doing a research on the  internet, I see that is Retrograde Ejeculation and tamsulosin is known to cause this. I have taken 3 of them so far of 0.4 mg. Considering I never had any long term issue, always had health semen, all the reports are normal, surely this is only a side effect of Flomax?  

Please please advise, I am really worried!

Thank you!
How are you? What other symptoms are present?  It is good that the initial diagnostic tests were fine. Flomax belongs to a group of drugs called alpha-adrenergic blockers that are indicated in relaxing the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck as well as improving urination in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Indeed, abnormal ejaculation or decreased sex drive is one of the side effects of flomax (ref:  http://www.drugs.com/sfx/flomax-side-effects.html). If it persists, it is best that you inform your doctor about this also for proper management. A change of medication or dosage may be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.