Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Right/lower flank pain waking me early morning

I have right flank pain (right side radiating to the back just about waistline) almost every morning.  It is severe enough to wake me up.  It is not kidney stones (not nearly severe enough).  It goes away after 15-30 minutes of being in a vertical position (standing or sitting).  This has been occurring for approximately 12 months.  I am a 43 year old male with a history of kidney stones (none in more than 10 years though).  No other health issues (other than being overweight).  Any suggestions for possible causes/diagnoses?  
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Since you have a history of kidney stones, so this flank pain can be due to kidney stones only. Patients with urinary calculi may report pain, infection, or hematuria. I suggest you to get an ultrasound or CT kidney urinary bladder done. Moreover it can cause further complications. My sincere advice would be to consult a urologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.