Urology Community

Right/lower flank pain waking me early morning

I have right flank pain (right side radiating to the back just about waistline) almost every morning.  It is severe enough to wake me up.  It is not kidney stones (not nearly severe enough).  It goes away after 15-30 minutes of being in a vertical position (standing or sitting).  This has been occurring for approximately 12 months.  I am a 43 year old male with a history of kidney stones (none in more than 10 years though).  No other health issues (other than being overweight).  Any suggestions for possible causes/diagnoses?  
Since you have a history of kidney stones, so this flank pain can be due to kidney stones only. Patients with urinary calculi may report pain, infection, or hematuria. I suggest you to get an ultrasound or CT kidney urinary bladder done. Moreover it can cause further complications. My sincere advice would be to consult a urologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.