This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Ruptured Penis

I have a very serious problem on my hands and would like to know if you can give me some advice on some treatment. 2 years ago I done the most stupidest thing in my life, I masturbated very hard with a dry hand not knowing that I damaged some tissue along the bottom side of my penis during the session. After a few weeks I developed a slight pain down the left side of my penis, this pain slowly got worse and drooped into my scrotum area. Ater a few more months the whole bottom side of my penis was in big pain full time when flaccid, it was like the lining that contains the penis under the skin broke appart and deteriated. I gone to see a urologist and he quickly diagnosed my with Peyronies disease and said he can feel a plaque. This uro was completely wrong with his diagnosis, I even told him exactly what happened but he didn't seem to care or believe me, just take Vit E and be happy was the responce from him.

I have no curve or plaque that I can feel but I notice a area on the bottom side of my penis about 1 inch square that is bulged out and it looks like a rupture to me, this rupture is noticed only when flaccid. I do not believe that I have Peyronies, I do not have the typical symptoms of PD and besides the fact I know that this is a masturbation injury. I've been on a waiting list for about 8 months for another uro and I'm now finished with him. This second uro did a cystoscopy and looked in my urethra hole all the way into my blatter only to reveal nothing, his responce was he can't see anything wrong. I had to wait another 2 months for an erect test that was performed a few days ago and his conclusion was "there is nothing wrong with my penis" and most of the horrible pain I endure everyday is just in my head.

I'm having the worst luck with uro's they just keep brushing me off with nonsense. I know for sure that my penis is ruptured and I don't need a doctor to tell me that. What I do need is advice on how to treat this type of a condition, is surgery something that can be done? If surgery is a possibility what type of material can be used to repair this? Is this type of situation rare and is there no fix for this type of a problem? I'm having a difficult time getting answers, I don't think medication will help for damaged tissue. I can still get an erection but it folds over like it's lost the tough fiberous tissue that lines the the inner part of the penis under the skin. I've also noticed that my semen is very thick and I have low volume of ejaculate.

I don't want to ask a million questions but I'm at a dead end and I don't know where to turn, please help I feel like my sex life is over. I have a very serious problem and I need sombody to take me serious, your help is greatly appreciated

Thank You
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
Several tests can be considered if penile trauma is a concern.  A retrograde urethrogram can be considered if the urethra is suspected to be damage.  Other tests can include an ultrasound of the penis, MRI or a special test called a cavernosogram. In the latter test, a thin hypodermic needle is inserted into one area of the penis before a radio contrast solution is injected and X-rays taken.

The treatment of choice will probably be for the individual to undergo surgery since it has the best long-term results by lowering complication rates often linked to non-surgical approaches. The most common surgical technique is to "deglove" the penis by making a cut around the shaft near the glans penis and peeling back the skin to the base to examine the inner surface. The surgeon will then evacuate any hematoma that helps to make examination of any tears in the tunica albuginea easier.

If there are continued questions regarding the diagnosis, you can inquire about the tests mentioned above or inquire about a urological second opinion.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed