Urology Community

Scared of starting generic flomax?

I am a 20 year old male who has been having problems with constant urge to urinate, bad flow and frequent urination for the past 2 years.

I visited a doctor today and he immediately diagnosed me with BPH and suggested Flomax to combat it enthusiastically.

I received the prescription for a generic version but cannot find anyone else my age with this condition with a documented experience of how the medicine worked for them, just many horror stories of side effects being annoying, painful or even near fatal, and the actual prostate issue frequently not even being fixed. As someone who's also an anxiety sufferer, I'm now terrified to start the prescription and don't know what to do. Can anyone help me? Is it even possible to suffer from BPH at age 20, and is it safe for me to take the generic Flomax prescribed?

Thank you all for any help you can offer.
OK, Taking it for three days, I've had serious heavy-headedness, pinpoint toothaches, retrograde ejaculation and massive diarrhea  The last side effect was my breaking point. Relieving urination frequency is pointless if I'm still running to the toilet all day to expel my bowels (and pushing on my prostate in the same way) - I'm stopping the medication tonight and seeing my doctor tomorrow, as he mentioned none of these side effects. Is there anything to worry about, stopping it after three doses?