Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Scared of starting generic flomax?

I am a 20 year old male who has been having problems with constant urge to urinate, bad flow and frequent urination for the past 2 years.

I visited a doctor today and he immediately diagnosed me with BPH and suggested Flomax to combat it enthusiastically.

I received the prescription for a generic version but cannot find anyone else my age with this condition with a documented experience of how the medicine worked for them, just many horror stories of side effects being annoying, painful or even near fatal, and the actual prostate issue frequently not even being fixed. As someone who's also an anxiety sufferer, I'm now terrified to start the prescription and don't know what to do. Can anyone help me? Is it even possible to suffer from BPH at age 20, and is it safe for me to take the generic Flomax prescribed?

Thank you all for any help you can offer.
1 Responses
OK, Taking it for three days, I've had serious heavy-headedness, pinpoint toothaches, retrograde ejaculation and massive diarrhea  The last side effect was my breaking point. Relieving urination frequency is pointless if I'm still running to the toilet all day to expel my bowels (and pushing on my prostate in the same way) - I'm stopping the medication tonight and seeing my doctor tomorrow, as he mentioned none of these side effects. Is there anything to worry about, stopping it after three doses?
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.