Urology Forum

Semen color

I am 20 years old male who masterbate atleast three times a week. My semen color is clear and viscous, not cloudy white. I dont know if this is a problem.
Occasionaly I feel pain in my testicles after masterbating and sometime there is white granules in my semen which is rare.
And very rarely when I pass urine it will be viscous and I dont know if it is semen.
Semen character can differ from person to person.  Sending a sample off for analysis can be considered if this continues to be a concern.

Infection can change the character of the urine or semen.  Again, a urinalysis and culture can be helpful in the diagnosis.

If there is blood in the semen, the prostate should be examined and imaged for possible mass or infection.  

These options can be discussed with your urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0
0
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.