Urology Community

Silodosin and retrograde ejaculation

I am experiencing retrograde ejaculation, semen doesn't come out after masturbation. I am taking silodosin 8mg, as prescribed by a Urologist. I am 26, Male, lean and tall. Is it the consumption of Silodosin which causes this ? Unfortunately, my urologist is on a week long leave.  

Retrograde ejaculation is one the commonest (present in about 28%) of the population taking Sildosin. You should talk to your urologist and discuss the other treatment options for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you Dr. Singh.
For sure, I will talk to him as soon as he returns.
Till last week, I had been taking alfusozin and I was asked to switch to Silodosin at the start of the week, on the instruction of the urologist.
What if I continue with silodosin and the retrograde ejaculation persists? Will it adversely affect fertility?

Till the time you have Sildosin, retrograde ejaculation will persist. But this retrograde ejaculation is not permanent and should stop once you stop this drug. But due to retrograde ejaculation, fertility will be affected in the meantime.

That was a valuable piece of advice. Thanks.
In what way it will affect fertility? Is it irreversible? when I try to flush out urine, it needs a bit of pressure, a pressure is felt on anus. And as a result, I need to control it and the pressure on the urine flow drops. What should I do?
Hlo sir i taking silofast8 capsule..but my sperm not come ... when i muster bite
I'm not a Dr...just a Rapaflo user.  It's going to make you produce less semen, which gives some guys a feeling of decreased pleasure during orgasm.  That's the most common (%28) side effect of taking Rapaflo.  That problem (called retrograde ejaculation) only persists during your intake of the pill.  After cou decide to stop taking Rapaflo, your body will get back into it's normal production of semen.  It might take a week or so to kick back up to "regular production" after you quit the medication, but it'll get back to normal.  Research shows that it poses no threat of permanent infertility...just while you're using it.  (Remember, it's not 100% definite that you can't get a girl pregnant, just because there's a decreased amount of semen).  My question is...what if my wife does get pregnant?  I am a 31 year-old healthy male, and I'm married to a 28-year-old healthy female.  My wife and I are trying to conceive our second child.  We are both in good health, with the exception of my enlarged prostate.  My doctor prescribed me Rapaflo (silodosin), which I have been taking regularly.  Currently, I'm experiencing the common side effect of retrograde ejaculation.  Now, I know that my situation means that our chances of fertilizing an egg are extremely decreased, as my sperm production/ejaculation is terribly low.  However, I also know that there is a small possibility of conception.  So, after all the research I've done online, I do have one very important question:  If I do fertilize one of her eggs (by some small percentage chance of a miracle), are there health concerns based off my use of Rapaflo?  In other words, can my Rapaflo usage cause problems in our potential baby?  If that is the case, then it will be necessary for us to use birth control/condoms.  But, the only research I can find on this is pregnant lab rats.  Can you offer me any assistance in answering my healthy baby question?