This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Slight drip

  Here's a question I can't figure out. I've recently noticed that lately I've had a slight drip coming from my penis and I'm not sure why. At first I thought it may have been Gonorrhea but the only sympton is the slight drip its very small and there is no burning or urge to urinate often no discomfort in urination or any other signs that gonorrhea would have. The fluid looks to be slightly milky in color more so on the clear side. I thouht maybe because I where boxers or that I jog so I've stopped both and still its there and going on 3 weeks now. Does this sound like a STD or a prostate cancer in the making. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Dear Steve,
(Your question is really outside the topics usually addressed by this forum except for your last sentence. As it was answered by one of us, we are posting this.)
Urethral discharge is a common symptom of urethritis ( infection of the urethra ).
The most common causes of urethritis are gonorrhea and Chlamydia. Of these, gonorrhea is most commonly associated with urethral discharge.
The prostate is a walnut sized gland that surrounds the urethra and acts to secrete substance important to semen production. It is usually not involved in uncomplicated cases of urethritis. Only when the infection is long-standing does the prostate become involved.
Prostate cancer most commonly has no symptoms. It is detected by digital rectal examination and a blood test called PSA. The American Urologic Association recommends yearly screening for prostate cancer beginning at age 40 with a digital rectal examination and at age 50 with the addition of a PSA blood test, unless one has a family history of prostate cancer and is at higher risk . In this case full screening should begin at age 40.
In summary, your symptoms most likely represent an infection not prostate cancer. Gonorrhea is likely. Seek medical attention by your internist or a urologist as soon as possible. This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653 6568).4

Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1