Urology Community
19.4k Members
Avatar universal

Sore Penis

Hi.I am a 26 year old male and I have a problem with my penis.Four weeks ago I was having sex with my girlfriend when my foreskin rolled back and exposed underneath as I was thrusting. Just before ejaculation I noticed the problem and the rolled up foreskin was strangling the penis and it was extremely swollen and red.When I became flaccid I noticed a swollen ring around the upper part of my shaft.It is much more noticable when erect and is quite sore.I also have a stinging sensation after I urinate.My G.P. seemed to think it would be ok in time and advised 4-6 weeks of avoiding intercourse and trying to avoid erections which I have done.There is however, absolutely no improvement in 4 weeks.Has anyone else heard of a condition like this.I cant find anything on the net.I am very worried about this as I already have intermittent pain in my groin and testes from post operation hernia repair.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
this condition is called paraphimosis.you can fix it by stretching your foreskin with a glansie,your fingers and topical steroids betamethasone or clobetasol.if this fails a minor surgery called a z-plasty can be done to loosen the foreskin.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.