Urology Community

Sore Penis

Hi.I am a 26 year old male and I have a problem with my penis.Four weeks ago I was having sex with my girlfriend when my foreskin rolled back and exposed underneath as I was thrusting. Just before ejaculation I noticed the problem and the rolled up foreskin was strangling the penis and it was extremely swollen and red.When I became flaccid I noticed a swollen ring around the upper part of my shaft.It is much more noticable when erect and is quite sore.I also have a stinging sensation after I urinate.My G.P. seemed to think it would be ok in time and advised 4-6 weeks of avoiding intercourse and trying to avoid erections which I have done.There is however, absolutely no improvement in 4 weeks.Has anyone else heard of a condition like this.I cant find anything on the net.I am very worried about this as I already have intermittent pain in my groin and testes from post operation hernia repair.
this condition is called paraphimosis.you can fix it by stretching your foreskin with a glansie,your fingers and topical steroids betamethasone or clobetasol.if this fails a minor surgery called a z-plasty can be done to loosen the foreskin.