Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Still uncomfortable 2 weeks after stent removal?

I’m a 26 yr old female if that helps with this at all..

I had lithotripsy June 14 and had a 4mm kidney stone removed. My dr said that my urerter was starting to get infected because the stone was stuck for so long. I had a stent placed and was given pain meds after the procedure as well as Cipro for the infection. On June 18 I got the stent removed (so it was only in for about 3.5 days) but now 2 weeks after the removal, it’s STILL burns when I pee and I still have the urgency/frequency feeling of needing to go often. Is this normal 2 weeks after the removal? I asked my dr and he first told me after the removal I would feel better 24-48 hours after. Then, he said it may take another week for symptoms to completely go away. When I called him back after a week of feeling the same he then said that I might be allergic or sensitive to whatever the material is on the scope or the stent and it could take anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months for the burning and urgency feeling to go away! Is this normal?!

I also spoke to his associate dr and he said that I could have a fragment that may be stuck in the junction of my urerter/bladder that could  cause the discomfort but I have no pain like I did when my first stone was stuck.

Help please! How long does this discomfort last??
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.