Urology Community

Still uncomfortable 2 weeks after stent removal?

I’m a 26 yr old female if that helps with this at all..

I had lithotripsy June 14 and had a 4mm kidney stone removed. My dr said that my urerter was starting to get infected because the stone was stuck for so long. I had a stent placed and was given pain meds after the procedure as well as Cipro for the infection. On June 18 I got the stent removed (so it was only in for about 3.5 days) but now 2 weeks after the removal, it’s STILL burns when I pee and I still have the urgency/frequency feeling of needing to go often. Is this normal 2 weeks after the removal? I asked my dr and he first told me after the removal I would feel better 24-48 hours after. Then, he said it may take another week for symptoms to completely go away. When I called him back after a week of feeling the same he then said that I might be allergic or sensitive to whatever the material is on the scope or the stent and it could take anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months for the burning and urgency feeling to go away! Is this normal?!

I also spoke to his associate dr and he said that I could have a fragment that may be stuck in the junction of my urerter/bladder that could  cause the discomfort but I have no pain like I did when my first stone was stuck.

Help please! How long does this discomfort last??