Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Stone removal..

I have a 1.2 cm by .9 cm stone in the upper pole of my right kidney (has grown since 2014)  and has recently (over the last four weeks or so), created some flank pain. The pain can be anywhere from a  2 to a 5 and can last  a couple of hours or duration of the day. The pain is NOT excruciating but is certainly enough to catch my attention. Doctor has run all the tests to get to this point and is offering 2 options: 1. Do nothing  2. Have it removed by ureteroscopy with laser lithotrypsy
He says the stone is doing no harm and the choice is mine to have the procedure or not. Im 48 with a history of stones but otherwise in good health. Any comments/suggestions are most appreciated.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.