Urology Community

Stone removal..

I have a 1.2 cm by .9 cm stone in the upper pole of my right kidney (has grown since 2014)  and has recently (over the last four weeks or so), created some flank pain. The pain can be anywhere from a  2 to a 5 and can last  a couple of hours or duration of the day. The pain is NOT excruciating but is certainly enough to catch my attention. Doctor has run all the tests to get to this point and is offering 2 options: 1. Do nothing  2. Have it removed by ureteroscopy with laser lithotrypsy
He says the stone is doing no harm and the choice is mine to have the procedure or not. Im 48 with a history of stones but otherwise in good health. Any comments/suggestions are most appreciated.