Urology Community

Suffering from Kidney Stones

My mom is suffering from Kidney stones since four years.She have stones in both her kidneys.  In starting she had tried several home remedies but get no benefit from them. Last year, she had gone through two Lithotripsy session. The Lithotripsy was not successful. Now the situation is that blood is coming through urine. Can anyone  give me some good suggestions regarding it. I will be highly obliged. I appreciate your response.
Kidney stones are of four types: calcium oxalate stones, struvite stones, uric acid stones or cystine stones. Potassium citrate is used for the treatment of stones. I would suggest you to get an evaluation done from a urologist to determine the type of stone. Treatment modes include Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithrotripsy (ESWL), uteroscopic stone removal and percutaneous nephrolithotomy. Since ESWL was not successful, the other two treatment options can be considered.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.