This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Swelling in perineal area

    I'm a 23 yr old male. About a month and a half ago I took a hot bath for three hours and after I was done I found that I had swelling in my perineal area(the area between the anus and scrotum). I sat in the same slouched position almost the entire time and I masturbated but didn't ejaculate.

  At first there was a little pain, but now its mostly just extremely uncomfortable and worrisome. Whenever I have an erection, it swells up more and becomes firm, then goes back downafter the erection. Sitting on something hard causes the most discomfort and also a little pain. It seems like the swelling might be spreading a little to my anus.

  I dont know if there are some nerves or vessels down there that might be swelling. Any Ideas on what is swelling? It doesn't seem like it has gotten any worse, but it also doesn't seem like it has gotten any better either. Should I ice the area of take hot baths? I am kind of timid and I would like to know if there is anything I can do on my own before resorting to going to a doctor.

Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
Difficult to say without evaluation.  Infection should be ruled out, and can be evaluated with a urethral swab as well as urine tests.

I would also consider imaging to look for cysts.  Scrotal swelling can also be evaluated with an ultrasound - with things like cancer, thrombosed veins, varicoceles, or hydroceles being possibilities.

I would discuss these options with a urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed