A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

Swollen lymph at groin

Hello

So i am 22 years old male and i noticed that i have 1 little lump at the right and left side of my groin(where the leg joins with the pubic area) and i also noticed that my left lump is a little larger that then right one.It's painless and i am fairly healthy .I have checked at the web  and i freaked out because a lot of pp say that painless swollen lymph are dangerous! i cant even sleep now!

P.s i have a nail at my big toe (left side) that sticks in the skin ( i have it more than 6-7 years) and it's a little swollen and painfull in touch,is there any connection?
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
This lump can be a hematoma, swollen lymph node in response to an infection, abscess or an inguinal hernia. It is a result of a weakness, tear, gap or opening in the muscle wall of the lower abdomen or groin through which the contents of the abdomen, such as intestine, may protrude through the muscle creating localized pain, pressure and a feeling of heaviness.
I suggest you to get this lump examined from a surgeon to confirm the diagnosis. The best test for confirmation of this lump is a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lump which should be got done after consulting a physician. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. Then the material is looked under the microscope to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.