Urology Community

Symptoms but no stones!

I just had a CT scan to check for kidney stones and I was told that I had none visible but that it did show that I had gallstones.  All of my symptoms point to kidney stones, not gallstones.  My pain is on the left side and severe nausea that is getting worse even though the pain has lessened in the last 24 hours.  My doctor ordered the CT scan since I have a history of kidney stones.  Can a CT scan miss the stones?
Pain on the right side and nausea are due to gall stones and less likely to be due to kidney stones. CT is one of the most sensitive test for picking up kidney stones and if it is negative then it is unlikely that you have kidney stones. You should consult a physician and get a HIDA scan of the gall bladder done to have an idea about the functioning of gall bladder.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.