Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Testicle Injury

Hello there. I am a male, 25 years old, 232 pounds. I consider myself in decent shape and above average strength (played football for 11 years). I recently bent down and picked up a box of books, fairly heavy but no problem usually. I even used proper lifting techniques. I went to lift the box and must have underestimated the weight so I put a little more force into it. I immediately felt a "pop" in my right testicle and it instantly went completely numb. I was concerned at first, more freaked out than anything, and decided to wait it out. It has been over a week and I still have pain in my right testicle, sometimes even up into my groin area around the gland near the start of my stomach. This might just be me getting into my own head but it also feels like my right testicle doesn't hang naturally like it used to, almost feels as if it is loose. Any idea of what I might have done to myself? Do you think it would be worth going to the doctors or could I safely wait this injury out as I am not big on getting injuries checked on. Especially embarrassing ones like this.  Thank you for your time.
0 Responses
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.