Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Testicle Pain

2 days ago, I noticed that my testicles were hurting at around noon.  This pain has grown worse sense then.  Currently, it feels like they are being squeezed slightly all the time.  Is painfull enough to bother me when I try to sleep at night, and I notice it all the time, although it is not excruciating.  I would give it a 5/10 as far as pain level goes.  I also have a slightly reddened urethra.  Finally, the pain from my testicles sometimes radiates upward into my abdomen (like it does when you get hit hard in the groin).  I have not injured the region recently from what I can remember.  

I went to the doctor, and they did a urine test (though I'm not sure what for) and it came back normal.  I've been tested for all STDs since the last time I had sex (after the appropriate window period).  He examined me and said that there was nothing noticeably wrong with my scrotums (torsion, hernia, etc.).

He gave me a prescription for antibiotics, saying I may have mild epididymitis.  However, my symptoms are not one sided like epididymitis is.

What could be going on with me?  This pain is freaking me out.  
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Testicular pain sometimes radiates to the lower abdomen and can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion -- most common in young men between 10 and 20 years old, excessive bicycle riding, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones. Since you are having some redness of urethra, so infections like epididymitis and orchitis need to be ruled out.
Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomenand genitalia and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.

My sincere advice would be to consult a urologist and get these investigations done.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.