Urology Community

Testicle pain months after testicular torsion surgery

Around late March I had a testicular fixation procedure on both testicles because of a testicular torsion on my right testicle. It’s been 3 and a half months I still get random pain in both my right and left testicles. The left didn’t have a torsion but was fixed as well to prevent a future issue.

My question is, is this normal? Is it possible that my right testicle has another torsion? It was swollen for an hour and now it looks normal, but I am still getting on and off pain particularly in my lower right abdomen area, which is exactly where I felt pain before I got the emergency surgery in March. I don’t want to panic so id just like to know if the recurrent pain is part of the healing process. Urologist said it would take months to return to normal function.

If anyone has any insight on this, I would greatly appreciate advice