Urology Community

Testicle pain

I'm new to the forum and wasn't really sure where to post this. First off, I have never seen a doctor about this but will be going soon.

For years, not sure how many but MANY i've had a pain in my left testicle. It's also larger and feels abnormal like it's not "all together". I do have a hernia on that side. I have a large lump in my lower abdomen above. The pain doesn't happen till it gets bumped or touched. The pain is on the lower backside of the testicle. The hernia lump doesn't hurt.

I know that it's hard to diagnose with out an examination but I'm looking for a general idea of what this is.

Apart from hernia, this testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion -- most common in young men between 10 and 20 years old, excessive bicycle riding, kidney or ureteric stones.

You can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hernias and testical pain are quite common. The nerve to the testicle can get caught in the hernia and become pinched.