Urology Community

Testicle pain

My teenager called me yesterday and complained about a pain in one of his testicles yesterday. He said it lasted for a couple hours, no symptoms at all. But the pain came back again for a second time this morning for a quick second. He had gym yesterday but did not have the pain until about two hours later,he had on boxers. He thinks he may have sat on it by accident, no hits or anything like that. Can sitting on it by accident cause this pain?
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion -- most common in young men between 10 and 20 years old, excessive bicycle riding, varicocele, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones. Considering your son’s symptoms epididymitis or orchitis need to be ruled out. Get an evaluation done from a urologist to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.