Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Testicle pain

My left testicle has been hurting pretty much all day, but it hasn't been as bad the last few hours.  This has been a reoccuring problem for the last 2 - 3 months. It will hurt for a day or 2 then feel completly fine for a few weeks. I don't wear tight underwear, and i haven't had any injuries to it. I aslo haven't had any sexual relations of any kind for about 2 months. The pain is always in the left testicle. Can you think of anything that could be causing me this discomfort?
3 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL

Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Pain in testicle could be due to infection, like prostatitis, epididymitis or orchitis. Get a culture sensitivity test for both semen and urine done. Also it could be due to referred pain of kidney stones. An ultrasound of the lower abdomen will be able to rule out kidney stones. It could be due to cancer of testis. It could be due to varicocele or spermatocele. An ultrasound of the testicles will diagnose cancer, varicocele and spermatocele.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. You should see an urologist regarding this. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

this is urgent282. I have wrote to you back in July 29, 2009 about my left testicle pain. The Hydrocodone was not helping my pain much. I went back to my general surgon for him to give me something stronger. He put me on percocet 10-325 which I am afraid to take because of my beer drinking. Anyway I talked to him about Micosurgical denervation of the spermatic cord. He said he never heard of it and besides my problem is ischemia to the left testicle with the testicle being half the size and spongy. I have an appointment with yet another uroglist on August 27, 2009. If I have no other option but to have my testicle remove what questions do I need to ask. Is there difference types of surgeries (less invasive). I am only 26 and never been with a girl.
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi
Welcome back to the forum!
Pain in testicle can be due to pudendal nerve entrapment, if all other causes like orchitis, kidney stones, epidiymitis, varicocele or spermatocele have been ruled out. Also cancer of testis would have to be ruled out. Removing testicle is the last option. You need to ask your doctor to find out the cause. Go over the possibilities with him. Also consult a neurologist regarding the pain. Vascular studies have to be done on the testicular artery to know whether the blood supply is restricted or not.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.