Avatar universal

Testosterone alternatives

Hello.  I'm a 39 y/o male with lost testosterone.  I had some bloodwork done which revealed this and symptoms of low sex drive, fatigue, etc.  My doctor put me on Android 20mg/day.  I don't have insurance so I'm paying $650/mo for these pills.  I was wondering if a comparable dosage in gel or injection form would be cheaper than the pills...  Any help would be appreciated!     - RJ
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
You can consult a urologist and get prescribed testosterone replacement therapy. Testosterone replacement therapy can be prescribed as an intramuscular injection usually given on a biweekly basis, as a patch or gel placed on the skin, or as putty that is applied to the gums of the mouth.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Talked to my Dr. and he's prescribing me the cream instead, which will save me about 600$!   Thanks alot for the info!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.