Urology Forum

The treatment of Medullary Sponge Kidney

Posted By Hajime Takeuchi on February 06, 1999 at 02:12:52:

This mail is from Japan. I am not a native English speaker and my English may be a little broaken. Please be patient about that.
By the way, my friend received the diagnosis of Medurally Sponge Kidney.
I am a general pediatrician and I would like to know much more information of the treatment, and advice her the treatment. If you recomend the treatment by using extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy (ESWL) , please show me some information .@
She is 37-year`s old and has suffered from stone pain and macrohematuria several times a year, in these 10 years . She has not taken the treatment by using extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy . Urinary tract infection has not been so frequent. Bilateral kidney`s renal pyramises( or papilla ) have full calculi (stones).
Is it defficult to break down the stones by ESWL?
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.