Urology Forum

UTI Warning Signs or Something Else?

Hi everyone. 27 year old male here and starting yesterday about mid morning after going to the bathroom, I've had the continuing urge to urinate. It's not a strong urge like that which you get from a UTI, I've had a couple, but maybe this is a warning sign of an on setting one? I've not seen any blood in the urine or any bad odor, not getting any pain in bladder or kidney area. I did have some cloudy drops of urine at the end of the stream last night before going to bed but did not notice any this morning. So could this be a warning sign of a UTI, something else I may need antibiotics for or something that will go away in a couple of days?
Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can give.
Thanks for posting your query.

Urinating more often or waking from sleep to urinate is often a symptom of urinary tract infection. Do not hold your urine. Urinate as soon as you feel you have to. Also drink plenty of water.

About 50% of people will recover without treatment within a few days. If the symptoms persist or worsen even after intake of adequate fluids then Oral antibiotics such as trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole (TMP/SMX), cephalosporins, nitrofurantoin, or a fluoroquinolone may be needed.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.