Urology Community

UTI and Constipation and blood in urine

A few nights ago I drank a little too much—I woke up around 3am with what felt to be a UTI—like I needed to pee constantly and like I still needed to empty my bladder after I already had. I noticed that my urine did have traces of blood and what looked to be tiny blood clots. I have had an annoying pain in my abdomen but also believe im constipated and will be starting my period soon—so not sure if the pain has to do with either of those or the UTI or both. Anyways—is the blood in my urine something to be concerned about—I have minocycline at home for my acne so I started taking those and cranberry chews when I realized it was a UTI. Also, will drinking coffee help with my constipation? I want to try but don’t want to irritate my bladder I have been taking fiber capsules but they don’t seem to help.
I think you definitely need to see a Dr. Blood in urine could be harmless, but could also indicate something much more serious. Coffee usually does help w/ constipation but is also a bladder irritant, so that might not be the best thing for you. You can get stool softeners that contain Docusate at any pharmacy, including WalMart, that should help w/ constipation. It does sound like you have a UTI, but see a Dr. to find out whether all these symptoms are connected to something else...
Agree that you need to go to the doctor.  UTI's are treated with antibiotics.  Don't self diagnose and try to solve on your own.  see your doctor as you probably need antibiotics.